Latest upgrade in ‘2 Series’ product offering rolled out with the launch of the new QS332 cone crusher
SANDVIK Mobile Crushers and Screens are continuing their ongoing product development with the roll out of their latest ‘2 Series’ product offering – the new QS332 gyratory cone crusher.
This latest addition has been upgraded to encompass the many product refinements of the recently launched QH332 Hydrocone (pictured), in order to improve operation, efficiency and ease of maintenance.
The compact QS332 is targeted at the most demanding of aggregate producers. Featuring the renowned Sandvik CS430 gyratory cone crusher, it is able to accept a feed size up to 90% larger than current standard cones. This produces benefits for customers by delivering improved productivity on such applications as Type 1, crusher run or in primary gravel crushing.
One of the special benefits of this new model is its ability to be adapted quickly for operation in open- or closed-circuit configurations. This is achieved using its new optional modular double-deck hanging-screen system (DDHS), a self-contained finishing screen module that can be added or removed from the plant in less than 30 minutes without the need for any lifting equipment on site.
The double-deck hanging screen allows the plant to produce two screened products and recirculate the oversize back into the feed conveyor for reprocessing.
A further benefit of the Sandvik QS332 and DDHS is that it features a patent pending adjustment system that allows the screen to be quickly reconfigured to produce one single-sized finished product or two sized finished products, depending upon the customer’s demands.
The oversize conveyor can be hydraulically rotated for material stockpiling (90°) of up to three products on the ground, or for removal (180°). The tail section can be raised hydraulically to give improved ground clearance for transport when loading or unloading.
The Sandvik CS430 cone crusher at the heart of the machine is equipped with a hydroset system that provides closed-side setting (CSS) adjustment at the touch of a button. The automatic setting regulation system not only optimizes production, but also keeps track of liner wear, making it easy to plan liner changes and minimize interruptions in production.
The CS430 cone has a choice of three concaves and four eccentric throw options ranging from 16mm to 30mm, all contained within one eccentric bush, providing superior flexibility regarding CSS ranges, production and material gradation.
Key features of the QS332 include: durability, thanks to the machine’s heavy-duty ‘I’ beam chassis construction; a heavy-duty, hydraulically positioned feed conveyor with optional wear-resistant liners; hydraulically folding hopper extensions; and an ‘up-and-over’ metal detector that provides optimum in-cone protection from tramp material.
The QS332 also comes with Sandvik’s My Fleet remote-monitoring system as standard. My Fleet has been developed to help customers know exactly how the equipment is being utilized. Through the collection and accurate monitoring of a wide array of parameters, this facilitates accurate production forecasting, ensuring that the most efficient use is obtained from equipment, thereby maximizing return on investment.
Other key features of the QS332 include:
- Optional hanging screen available for recirculation or stockpiling to produce two products. This is completely detachable without the need for additional lifting equipment.
- One of the most versatile units on the market with a choice of three different crushing chambers and a variety of eccentric bush settings.
- My Fleet remote monitoring fitted as standard for live remote monitoring of plant, hours, location etc, to optimize machine operation.
- Automatic level sensor above the crushing chamber to control the feed rate and minimize operator intervention for maximum production and reduction.
- Remote camera for visibility of the crushing chamber from ground level.
- Hydroset CSS regulation system to optimize production and keep track of liner wear.
- Revised ‘new-look’ chassis design for durability.
- Emissions-compliant Cat C9 or C9.3 diesel engine with direct-drive heavy-duty wet clutch for maximum power delivery and fuel efficiency.