Sandvik Construction report nearly 3,000 visitors to the stand over the three days of the show
Sandvik Construction enjoyed their best Hillhead ever with nearly 3,000 visitors coming to the stand over the three days the show was held. The visitors came from all corners of the globe in order to see a broad selection of Sandvik’s product lines. Additionally the visitors were able to view three brand new products that were receiving their global launch, as well as discuss their aftermarket requirements, watch live machinery demonstrations, and meet key people from within the Sandvik Construction organization.
Hillhead is now seen as the perfect place for Sandvik to show, and vitally to demonstrate, members of their total solutions product range, as it has undoubtedly become the world’s leading quarry, recycling and construction exhibition. Nearly 20,000 visitors took advantage of the excellent British weather on the first two days of the show to come to Hillhead, and even torrential rain did not stop many coming on the third day. Thus, Sandvik were able to show the following products to a huge number of people:
- UJ440i – heavy range jaw crusher
- QE440 – tracked scalper / screener
- QA331 – tracked three-way-split screener
- QE140 – highly productive screener / scalper
- QJ341 – best-selling tracked jaw crusher
- QJ241 – compact tracked jaw crusher
- QH331 – new tracked cone crusher
- DI550 – tracked drill rig
- WR media – new, and revolutionary, screening media
- CI511 - the brand new horizontal shaft impact crusher
- A selection breakers under the Rammer brand.
One of the things which makes Hillhead almost unique amongst trade shows of its ilk is the fact that visitors are not only able to just see static displays of equipment, but also watch live machinery demonstrations. This year was no different, and Sandvik took full advantage of the possibilities presented by demonstrating the following equipment:
- QI240 – new tracked impact crusher with Pri-Sec (primary and secondary) technology
- QJ341 feeding a QH440 tracked cone crusher
- The QH440 then fed the crushed material for sizing to a QA450 triple-deck tracked double-screen.
Hugh Glandfield, vice president UK & Ireland, Sandvik Construction, said of the show: ‘Hillhead has always been the perfect opportunity for us to showcase our product lines and meet our customers, but this year we were truly staggered by the vast number of potential new customers, and general visitors, who came to the Sandvik stand.’
Of the Sandvik equipment being shown at Hillhead Hugh explained: ‘We launched three new products this year (QH331, WR screening media and the CI511), as well as the latest upgrades from our tracked jaw crusher range (QJ241 and QJ341) that now come with many improvements, but vitally a hydraulic operation for the main conveyor. However, the real star of the show was the stand itself; it seemed to act like a magnet to visitors to the exhibition.’
Sandvik Construction would like to express a big ‘thank you’ to the organizers of Hillhead 2012, the members of the press for showing so much interest in Sandvik, but most of all to their customers whether they are new, old, lapsed or those that are yet to be. Without them Hillhead 2012 would not have been the success it was, and all at Sandvik Construction look forward to seeing everyone in 2014.