FPT have launched a new re-engineered Fenner shaft-mounted speed reducer (SMSR). The new Power Plus version offers twice the power-to-weight ratio of the existing SMSR, delivering longer life while incorporating new and improved features.
The new SMSR is more compact and features an increased range of bore sizes and gear ratios, having added a 25:1 to the existing 5:1, 13:1 and 20:1 ratios for extra flexibility. The SMSR Power Plus has a flexible shaft- or face-mounting system making it interchangeable with all existing shaft mounts. A redesigned torque-arm mounting eradicates the need to remove any housing bolts and so ensures housing integrity.
FPT have extended the warranty on the new SMSR from 12 months to two years to demonstrate their confidence in the product.
Added benefits of the SMSR Power Plus include:
- extended range of parallel bores to ensure compatibility in all applications and to reduce the need for hub brushes
- accepts taper grip bush (transmits 300% more torque), removing the need for keyways
- face and flange mounting holes are now machined as standard on both input and output sides of the case
- motor mountings include IEC standard
- new gearing totally redesigned to the latest gear design technology and manufacturing techniques
- increased bearing capacity, using roller bearing instead of ball bearings
- updated sealing arrangement.