LafargeHolcim officially launched around the globe
New operating model for the Group with focus on five key areas in first integration phase
LafargeHolcim have today officially launched the new Group around the world and announced key elements of their ambitions for the future.
Following the successful completion of the merger between Lafarge and Holcim, and the listing of the new LafargeHolcim shares in Zurich and Paris, the new Group will now work towards creating the highest-performing company in the building materials industry.
LafargeHolcim’s chief executive officer, Eric Olsen (pictured), said: ‘Now, as LafargeHolcim, we will step into the next phase of our transformation to become the leader in every respect – a company that has a positive impact on the world and can make a real difference for its customers, its employees, its shareholders and society.’
The company is initiating a strategic transformation by building on the best of both Lafarge and Holcim, and will focus on five key areas in the first integration phase:
- Synergies: delivering on €1.4 billion synergy target within three years
- Capital allocation: rigorous approach to capital allocation and overall reduction of capital spending
- Commercial transformation: creating differentiation through innovative products and solutions
- Integration: creating one new group and culture
- Health and safety: putting health and safety at the centre of the organization.
Moreover, LafargeHolcim will be organized along a new operating model combining empowered countries, regional management platforms and expertise-driven group functions, all oriented to serve local customers while leveraging the Group’s size, footprint and capabilities at global scale.
LafargeHolcim will present the financial results of Lafarge and Holcim as standalone companies for the first half of this year on 29 July 2015, with the first combined interim results of the new Group presented in the nine-month report for 2015.