Weighbridge Installation and Upgrade for Mid Hants
First published in the February 2022 issue of Quarry Management
Griffith Elder supply new weighbridge, Weighbus software, and ancillary equipment to quarry in Fawley
Bury St Edmunds-based Griffith Elder work with many different sectors supplying weighbridges for use by road authorities and in agriculture, logistics, mining, and quarrying. The latter is a key industry that not only requires scales that are highly accurate, but also that are robust enough to deal with the weight of heavy vehicles and the presence of abrasive materials.
A full-size Griffith Elder weighbridge complete with purpose-designed Weighbus software, developed by the company’s own in-house software team to make the weighing process more efficient, have recently been supplied to Mid Hants Sand & Aggregates’ quarry near Fawley, in Hampshire, which supplies materials to a variety of customers in the construction, equestrian, and sports sectors.
Manufactured from an upgraded 12mm thick chequer plate to help withstand the abrasiveness of the materials that can build up on site, the weighbridge supplied measures 15.3m in length by 3.5m in width, and Fawley was the first site to have a new weighbridge installed with the Weighbus software.
Along with the new weighbridge, Mid Hants required a variety of extras, including cameras, traffic lights, and large displays, as well as fobs and a fob reader (used by the site’s fleet of dumptruck drivers for efficient weighing without needing to leave their vehicles).
An existing weighbridge, used by customers collecting sands and aggregates, was also upgraded with a new indicator and Weighbus software. With both weighbridges using the same software, the whole site can share the same database, whether a weighing has been completed by a company driver using a fob, or by a customer on the manually operated customer weighbridge.
Key features of the Weighbus software include:
- Ability to create multiple types of tickets: This flexibility allows different types of data to be captured. For example, at Mid Hants, data can be collected for both incoming quarried materials as well as weighing outgoing materials being sold to customers.
- Connectivity to any device on the same network: Any device, be it a mobile phone, tablet, or computer, can connect to and use the Weighbus software, just like being in the office.
- Driver remote buttons – read and capture data with one press of a button: Data are captured without leaving the vehicle, speeding up weighing and eliminating mistakes, making for a more efficient process.
- Security and privacy: All operations are controlled via user logins – users can be assigned to user groups with their permissions defined by management.
- Flexible data reports: User-configured reports are created with specific filters to create CSV files that include only the data needed. Reports can be run on a schedule and imported on to other software.
For more information, visit: www.griffith-elder.com
- Subscribe to Quarry Management, the monthly journal for the mineral products industry, to read articles before they appear on Agg-Net.com