Company’s expanded executive committee to comprise senior executives from both firms and from outside
BREEDON Aggregates have finalized the senior management team who will lead the group following their planned £336 million acquisition of Hope Construction Materials.
The group’s expanded executive committee will comprise senior executives from both Breedon and Hope, and from outside.
Pat Ward, group chief executive (pictured), said: ‘We’re fortunate to have been able to draw on considerable experience and deep industry knowledge from both companies, and externally, in assembling our executive committee.
‘I believe we have selected a strong team to lead the combined business, which will enable us to continue delivering an outstanding performance in the future.’
The members of the executive committee, with effect from the date of completion, will be:
- Executive chairman – Peter Tom CBE
- Group chief executive – Pat Ward
- Group finance director – Rob Wood
- Chief compliance officer – Ross McDonald
- Group human resources director – Stephen Tagg
- Chief executive - Breedon Southern – Tim Hall
- Chief executive – Breedon Northern – Alan Mackenzie
- Managing director – Hope Cement – Ashley Bryan
- Head of strategy & commercial services – Darryl Matthews
- Head of communications & marketing – Stephen Jacobs
As previously announced, following completion Amit Bhatia, currently Hope’s chairman, is expected to join the Breedon board as a non-executive director.
Those members of Hope’s executive committee who are not joining the senior team of the enlarged group will remain in their current roles until completion and continue to assist with the smooth integration of the business.
Pat Ward added: ‘Our pre-acquisition integration planning is on track and, subject to CMA clearance, we anticipate being able to complete the acquisition of Hope later this summer. I’m looking forward to welcoming our Hope colleagues to the Breedon group very soon.’