EP14 - Compilation, Distribution And Retention Of Records
What is this?
This is a written procedure that outlines the requirements for compiling, distributing and keeping any records relating to the company’s environmental performance. A PDF of the procedure is available to download (see attached), please use it in conjunction with the associated documentation mentioned below.
What does the responsible manager need to do?
The responsible manager must ensure that:
- Company files are kept up to date and made available to all interested parties. This includes planning permissions, waste management licences/exemptions, permits, abstraction and discharge licences, EPA Part 1 authorisations etc
- All records relating to the environmental performance of the company are distributed to all interested parties and copies kept and made available for reference when necessary
- All employees are made aware of, issued with copies of, and trained in the use of any relevant environmental procedures, forms or documents
- All environmental records are filed and stored in a location where easy access can be gained and kept for a period of at least five years (unless legislation requires it to be longer)
- Records are only disposed of with the prior consent of the managing director
- Any records that are to be disposed of are shredded first.
What do employees have to do?
Employees must ensure:
- That all operational inspection forms are handed in on time for review
- They do not dispose of any documentation or records until prior confirmation has been agreed by the responsible manager.
- Environmental Documentation
- Document and Data Control
- Records and Record Management
- Forms and Templates
This workplace procedure forms part of an Environmental Management System (EMS) that enables all personnel working for the company, whether directly or indirectly, to carry out their duties in a manner which will preserve the environment around them and ensure that the policy statement of the company is adhered to. The procedures can be viewed here.