EP04 - Specifying Targets And Objectives
What is this?
This is a written procedure that outlines what is required when setting the environmental targets and objectives of the company. A PDF of the procedure is available to download (see attached), please use it in conjunction with the associated documentation mentioned below.
Note: The environmental objectives of the company will be clearly stated within the environmental policy statement.
What does the responsible manager have to do?
The responsible manager must ensure that:
- Following the review of environmental aspects and impacts, the most significant issues are selected and used to set environmental targets
- Targets set at the annual EMS review meeting are also recorded
- Realistic timescales are placed on achieving the targets
- Individuals are made responsible for completing the targets
- The targets that are set are communicated to all interested parties
- The targets that have been set are recorded and kept on file within the targets and objectives section of the EMS.
What do employees have to do?
Employees must ensure that:
- They assist management in achieving the environmental targets set by the business, by undertaking roles and instructions issued to them.
- Environmental Policy
- Targets and Objectives
- Environmental Impact Review
- EP03 – Identification, Examination and Evaluation of Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- EP05 – Setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- EP16 – EMS Annual Review
- EF02 – Site Improvement Action Plan
This workplace procedure forms part of an Environmental Management System (EMS) that enables all personnel working for the company, whether directly or indirectly, to carry out their duties in a manner which will preserve the environment around them and ensure that the policy statement of the company is adhered to. The procedures can be viewed here.