Ten LafargeHolcim products recognized by Solar Impulse Foundation’s Efficient Solution label
TEN LafargeHolcim green building solutions have been endorsed by the ‘Solar Impulse Efficient Solution’ label, recognizing world-leading technologies that help protect the environment in a profitable way.
The labelled LafargeHolcim solutions include ECOPact green concrete, which allows carbon-neutral building; bio-active reef concrete that restores marine ecosystems, and 3D printing technologies to help accelerate affordable housing and infrastructure.
Bertrand Piccard, initiator and chairman of the Solar Impulse Foundation, said: ‘I am excited about achieving our 1,000 clean solutions challenge, championing the most innovative technologies around the world that protect the environment in a profitable way.
‘It’s great to see companies like LafargeHolcim committed to implement several of them that are positive for the planet. Given the company’s global reach and scale, it can make a real difference in tackling today’s climate crisis.’
Jan Jenisch, chief executive officer of LafargeHolcim, said: ‘I’m very proud of our strong contribution to the Solar Impulse Foundation’s goal of finding 1,000 environmentally positive solutions.
‘With more than half our research and development efforts focused on sustainable building solutions, we are committed to enabling a net-zero future that works for people and the planet.
‘This endorsement of our clean technologies is a great encouragement for our teams to keep on pushing the boundaries of innovation for sustainable building.’
In 2018, the Solar Impulse Foundation began its challenge to select 1,000 solutions that can protect the environment in a profitable way, with the aim to present them to decision-makers to fast-track their implementation.
Selected solutions receive a label from the Solar Impulse Foundation as proof of their positive environmental and economic impact. Each awarded solution was strictly assessed by a pool of independent experts.
The following 10 LafargeHolcim building solutions have been recognized as clean technologies by the ‘Solar Impulse Efficient Solution’ label:
- 3D concrete printing – to build more with less for affordable housing and infrastructure
- Aggneo – recycled aggregates for circular construction
- Airium – insulating foam for energy efficiency in buildings
- Bio-active concrete – to restore marine ecosystems
- Ductal – ultra-lightweight, high-performance concrete
- Durabric – earth-based low-carbon solution for affordable housing
- ECOPact – green concrete for sustainable construction
- TerraFlow – green cement for efficient backfilling of underground mines and tunnels
- Kawach – high-quality water-repellent cement for water resilience
- ORIS – first digital platform for sustainable road design.