Agg-Net

The Aggregates & Recycling Information Network
Mobile Menu
From the organisers of
 

BDS publish latest ready-mixed concrete report

BDS RMX

2020 annual analysis of ready-mixed concrete industry in Great Britain now available

BDS Marketing Research have released their latest annual report, ‘Estimated Outputs of Ready-mix concrete companies in Great Britain’, to provide information on the ready-mixed concrete industry in Great Britain in 2020.

Published in December 2021 and annually for more than 25 years, the report provides estimates of outputs and market shares by individual ready-mixed concrete plants and companies.

BDS estimate the ready-mixed concrete market in Great Britain in 2020 to be just over 21 million cubic metres, with batching plants contributing a share of 88.5% and the remainder (11.5%) accountable to the on-site batched sector.

A total of 1,360 ready-mixed concrete plants are identified in the report, with the majority located in England, followed by Scotland and Wales.

The latest report confirms Breedon as the largest producer of ready-mixed concrete in Great Britain in 2020, with the market dominated by five producers – Breedon, Tarmac, Hanson, CEMEX, and Aggregates Industries – who between them accounted for 57% of the total ready-mixed concrete market.

The report is one of a suite of output focused reports produced by BDS. Others include:

  • Estimated Outputs of Pits & Quarries and Marine Wharves in Great Britain (2020)
  • Estimated Outputs of Asphalt Plants in Great Britain (2020)
  • Estimated Movements of Aggregates from Rail Depots in Great Britain (2020).

To find out more about the ‘Estimated Outputs of Ready-mix concrete companies in Great Britain’ report, or to purchase a copy, email: [email protected]

Share this page

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Tirzah