- Apply url: https://candidate.aggregate.com/142713AGN
- Type: Permanent
- Hours: 47.5 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Aggregate Industries have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Workshop Manager to join the maintenance side of our Contracting Team. You will be a highly motivated individual with experience in the maintenance and upkeep of Road Construction Equipment. You will oversee three of our workshops located in Wigan, Croft and Northfleet requiring travel to each location.
About the role
As a Workshop Manager reporting to our Plant Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring all planned, preventative and reactive maintenance is carried out safely and efficiently.
Other elements to the role include:
- Ensure all planned, preventative and reactive maintenance and repairs are carried out promptly and effectively, ensuring minimum downtime and disruption to the Business Operations
- Ensure adequate cover for out of hours operations as and when required and communicate to relevant parties
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all workshop locations
- Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with Plant Operations Manager on a regular basis
- Support and develop Senior Fitters, Mobile Fitters & Apprentices
- To ensure that effective inductions and training is given to all employees and contractors under your control
- Approve all spend for maintenance activities ensuring Lean Principles are followed and drive cost savings for the Department
- Provide support to Plant Operations Manager in managing, reporting, auditing and challenging Supply Chain
- Monitor equipment performance and provide and implement improvements
- Manage, update and communicate the preparation and development of safe working methods for repair procedures
- Ensure the application, implementation of and compliance with the Company’s Safety Rules, HSEQ Policies and Site-Specific Rules to ensure all activities are conducted within the requirements of current legislation
- Ensure all Statutory Inspections are completed on time and recorded in line with Company policy
- Instigate and assist in Incident Investigations relating to Mobile Plant
- Ensure that all staff are managed effectively by following HR requirements such as dialogue, job review and performance and absence management
What will you bring?
- Experienced Road Construction Equipment Fitter with Plant Qualification NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and organise and service a multi-skilled workforce
- A sound knowledge of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Experience in safe working practices, permits to work and risk assessments
- IT literacy – Google, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
While you help us become a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 200 sites and around 3,700 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably. We’re also a proud member of Holcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 70,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.