Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Leiths (Scotland) Ltd currently have a vacancy for a Technical Manager within our Technical Services team based at Rigfa, Cove, to cover a period of Maternity Leave.
The ideal candidate would be available to start late 2022/early 2023 and be available until November 2023.
This is an exciting position for a skilled, confident individual to participate in the success of one of Scotland’s largest privately-owned quarrying and civil engineering businesses by providing direction and support for the continuance of product conformity and development; technical guidance in relation to current and new standards and technology; and support in the maintenance of BSi and related Production and Operational accreditations.
- Provision of technical guidance in relation to current and new standards and technology for products and services provided by Leiths.
- Working closely with Production and Operations divisions to ensure product and service conformity.
- Prepare, implement, and manage project-specific inspection and test plans.
- Support other divisions within Leiths in successful delivery of projects.
- When required, act as a main Technical contact for major contracts.
- Host and/or participate in regulators/accreditation body audits.
- Raise non-conformance reports (NCR’s) and initiate corrective and preventative action to prevent or rectify nonconformity.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of requirements and related standards of concrete, asphalt and aggregate materials.
- Knowledge of and the interest in the design, research and development of construction materials.
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Professionalism in dealing with customers and colleagues
To download an application form and view our other vacancies within the Group please visit: www.leiths-group.co.uk/careers
Please forward your application form to:
HR Department, Leiths (Scotland) Ltd, Rigifa, Cove, Aberdeen, AB12 3LR or by email to [email protected]
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits which include training & development with opportunity for personal promotion within this diverse organisation.
Leiths (Scotland) Ltd are an Equal Opportunities Employer