Shotfirer - Northern Ireland
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling. Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries.
We currently have a vacancy with our JV partner Orica BQS for a Shotfirer to work in customer sites throughout the Province and occasionally in GB.
- Liaise with Orica BQS customers, Orica BQS drilling dept, Orica BQS administration, PSNI escort unit and PSNI FEB to coordinate blast date.
- Establish with customer the location and quantity of minerals to be extracted.
- Mark out blast in accordance with customer requirements and site constraints.
- Carry out a quarry face profile and provide blast hole details to driller.
- Design blast to specification and site constraints.
- Prepare Blast Specification in accordance with current Explosives Regulations.
- Ensure blast is carried out safe and efficient manner within the environmental limits of the site.
Education and Experience:
- NVQ in Shotfiring. Blast Design and Face Profiling. Quarry Safety Passport
- Full UK driving licence
- Preferred but not essential – NVQ Explosives Supervisor, 3rd level education, use of blast design software, IQ and IExpE membership, minimum 3 years blasting experience, licenced drone pilot, strong technical writing and presentation skills.
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary with benefits reflective of the position, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
To apply in confidence, please contact:
Roy Wallace, Orica BQS, 7 Hulls Lane, Lisburn. Co Antrim. N. Ireland. BT28 2SR or [email protected]
Closing Date 31st July 2021