Regional Operations Manager - Enhanced Weathering
- Based in North East England
Do you want the most meaningful job of your career? The Future Forest Company are on a mission to tackle the greatest challenge of our time: climate change. We are a fast-growing for-profit business that is already one of the biggest carbon removal companies in the world. But this is only the start - we have ambitious plans aligned with great funding, excellent people and an inclusive team. You too could make your mark and be part of something huge.
About the Role
As the Operations Manager for Enhanced Weathering (EW) in North-East England, you will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of our operations across the region. This will include developing regional strategy, building relationships with suppliers, and managing contract haulage and delivery to UK sites. You will work closely with our regional business development team to plan and execute operations across the region.
What you will do
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of enhanced weathering, including the contracted production of material, logistics and spreading on land. This will support the UK strategy, under the UK operations manager and work closely with the unit’s business development team.
- Build enduring relationships with quarries and contractors to underpin the long-term business model.
- Manage contracts, ensure sufficient oversight and delivery to contractual agreements.
- Ensure accurate cost and data capture across the operational business unit.
- Plan and execute basalt fines production and distribution in conjunction with the business development lead.
- Monitor and report on partnerships, production, and haulage.
- Contribute to the development and direction of the Future Forest Company.
The role requires a sound understanding of industrial contracting (ideally in quarrying and aggregates), good interpersonal skills and an acute attention to detail. As the business grows, the operations manager must be able to innovate to scale production at a suitable rate.
- The ideal candidate has: a proven track record in successful operations management; preferably experience in quarrying, aggregates or haulage; and, the ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships.
- Ability to manage a broad scope of work, running several activities concurrently while also ensuring there is robust planning several months ahead.
- Experience in contract negotiation, implementation and monitoring.
- Willingness to innovate, particularly around operational processes.
- Ability to use information technology to plan, execute and monitor projects and programmes.
- Desire to help solve the climate crisis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence
- Effective decision making skills with a strong commercial acumen
- Ability to work remotely and manage diverse, flat/matrix department remotely
- Good functional and practical knowledge/application on a variety of cloud based systems.
- Leadership and Manager degree or equivalent qualification.
- Health and Safety qualifications.
- Deep experience in aggregate quarrying and processing.
- Established networks of aggregate producers across the UK.
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for quarrying across the UK.
- Sufficient financial acumen to be able to develop and present business cases for new projects and processes.
What you get
- Salary £45k plus dependent on experience
- Shares in The Future Forest Company
- Annual reviews
- Individual development budget
- Professional membership fees paid for
- Performance building framework
- Remote and flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced Family Policies
- Industry leading pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - a confidential helpful for you and your family. Financial, wellbeing and emotional support available
- Company sick pay and emergency leave
We're an equal opportunity employer. We are looking for the best candidate based on the value they can add. Our culture is hugely important to us and we welcome applicants of all race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage all candidates who believe they have the required skills and experience for any of our roles to apply. We also welcome applications from candidates who have a keen interest and passion for fighting climate change.
To apply, please visit: www.thefutureforestcompany.bamboohr.com