Regional Manager - South
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
- Competitive Salary, Car and Benefits
- Full-time, Permanent
MP Skills are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced training or assessment professional to join our management team. There has never been a better time to join us. There are several key projects starting which will rely on the input from the successful candidate to see these through to implementation. As the Regional Manager - South, you will be looking after a small team of trainers and assessors, supporting, and developing your team to be the best they can. All our management team maintain a hands-on approach, so whilst you will be managing your team, you’ll also be providing training and/or assessment to ensure we provide the best service to our industry.
- Time will be shared between external visits, office, and home working.
- This role will require travel; and overnight stays/time away from home when required for your duties.
- The office is MP House, NG16 3SB.
MP Skills delivers high-quality training and assessment to the extractives and mineral processing industries. This role will involve conducting workplace health, safety, and environmental training, vocational qualification assessment, or a combination of both. The right candidate for this role will have experience in one or both of these disciplines and great management experience.
To manage your team in a safe, professional, and profitable manner. To work in close partnership with all managers and their teams. To invest in and develop our people, be actively involved in the improvement of our portfolio of learning and competence products, with the aim of continually improving industry standards.
- MP Skills General Manager.
- Effective management of the team under your control including:
- Maintaining high levels of productivity.
- Controlling costs; staff expenses and use of external contractors.
- Control of staff attendance, holidays and sickness.
- Creation of a positive team focused culture.
- To maintain a working presence on the assessment/training team with time allocated to complete the functions of your managerial role.
- Developing your team accordingly by identifying skill gaps and progression opportunities, with the desired outcome being a multi skilled, flexible team.
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out for all team members and then work in collaboration with senior management to support personal and MPQC’s development needs.
- Maintain cohesive relationships with senior management to identify opportunities for improvement, increase utilisation and adaptability of teams and business.
- Identify, promote, and implement in conjunction with management team, new ways of working and range of products to improve MP Skills offering to industry and our members.
- Maximise the use of our in-house team and resources.
- Attend when requested based on your availability, industry meetings such as Industry committees, MPA/BAA etc. To represent MP Skills/MPQC
- Using your knowledge and skills to support the creation of training and assessment materials and schemes.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and stakeholders to improve our reputation and business opportunities.
- Using your best endeavours to deliver on agreed budget and/or forecast targets.
- Supplying information to the accounts department as required.
- Support the General Manager in formulating achievable financial budgets and forecasts.
- Completion of reports and business updates to the General Manager.
- Attending meetings as required to report on your business area and contribute to MPQC’s business in general.
- Play your part in building the good reputation of MP Skills and MPQC as a whole.
- Any other duties that may be required in the course of MPQC’s business.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the following:
- All employees of the company.
- External Customers and Stakeholders.
- MPQC Council Members.
- MPQC Member Companies and MP Connect Members if required.
Key result areas:
- Delivery of agreed targets and business objectives.
- On going development and improvement of your team, alongside MP Skills products and services.
- Evidence of close and effective management of your team.
- Extensive knowledge of Approved Assessment Centre (AAC) assessment practices and/or experience of training candidates either face to face or remotely in health, safety, and environmental practice.
- Have attained or working toward NEBOSH general certification or an equivalent standard of Health and Safety qualification and/or a Safety Health and Environmental VQ level 6 or above.
- A good communicator.
- Active knowledge of training and assessment practices.
- Strong customer-facing skills.
- Demonstratable ability to complete projects or tasks to their conclusion, with own determination, drive and problem-solving abilities.
- Adaptability, Confidence, Drive and Diplomacy.
- Organisational and Prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a Team and Autonomously.
- Proven Technical Skills.
- Maintenance of and expansion of your CPD to deliver the objectives of MPQC.
- A full driving license (car).
To apply please send a CV with covering details to: [email protected]
Closing date : 31st August 2021