Quarry Operations Manager - Somerset
- Apply url: https://candidate.aggregate.com/147876AGN
- Type: Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive plus benefits
- Closing date: 24/09/2021
Aggregate Industries have a really exciting new position for a Quarry Operations Manager to lead the reactivation of Coleman’s Quarry, a limestone quarry at Holwell, near Nunney on the Mendip Hills, in Somerset. You will be responsible for getting the site up to the required standards to operate and leading quarry development plans. This is a fantastic area that is popular with climbers, hill walkers and natural historians, close to Wookey Holes Caves and Cheddar Gorge.
About the role
As a Quarry Operations Manager, you will manage the production and extraction activities, recruit and train staff, troubleshoot technical problems and oversee the maintenance of equipment and vehicles. You will be required to conduct risk assessments and health and safety inspections. You will also have a variety of administrative duties, from writing reports and updating records to procurement and budget control, IMS, managing Health and Safety and control site coordination.
What will you bring?
- Demonstrable experience of a similar or equivalent role
- SHE NVQ Level 3 or QCF Equivalent.
- Knowledge of geological factors in quarry design and development.
- Understanding of Quarry Regulations, Statutory Health & Safety and Employment legislation
- Detailed knowledge of shot-firing and blasting procedures.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and a proactive approach
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relations with others
- Detail and results orientated with strong personal values to succeed
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
While you help us become a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 200 sites and around 3,700 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably.
We’re also a proud member of Holcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 70,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.