Quarry Manager - Woodsford Quarry
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Hills Quarry Products Ltd has a great opportunity for a Quarry Manager at their operation in Dorchester, Dorset.
Reporting to the Divisional Director, the successful candidate will have strong organisational and management skills, technical knowledge of fixed and mobile plant, a good knowledge of all aspects of sand & gravel quarrying operations and the associated activities of budgetary controls, extraction and restoration.
The role will suit a self-motivated individual with the ability to manage and organise the operational team. You will need to demonstrate an understanding of engineering and statutory responsibilities and familiarisation of all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation. The successful candidate will hold full QR99 Reg 8.1c responsibilities.
You will be customer focused, ensuring service and quality standards are met and maintained whilst operational performance is maximised. You will need to possess the ability to communicate at all levels of the business, be a team player and be committed to delivering our company values.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent awareness of current Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation
- Completed or working towards, an NVQ Level 4 / QCF Level 5 in Health, Safety and Environmental Management in Extractives or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of the Quarries Regulation 1999 and ACOP
- A good understanding of plant and machinery, including maintenance and planning
- An NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Plant Operations and competency qualification for operating quarry plant, at least loading shovel.
Please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the relevant Vacancy Reference HQP006-21.
The Hills group is committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.