Red Barns Wardley, Throckley
Competitive Salary and Benefits
The successful applicant will oversee aspects of the quarrying operation at Red Barns appointed under regulation 8 (1) (C) of the quarry regulations.
Ibstock Plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We’re no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we’re committed to providing new solutions to today’s social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
At Ibstock Brick we are the leading manufacturer by volume of clay bricks sold in the United Kingdom. With 16 manufacturing sites Ibstock Brick has the largest brick production capacity in the United Kingdom. We operate a network of 18 active quarries located close to our manufacturing plants.
- Promote the highest Health & Safety standards to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensuring that the quarries production levels are maintained safely to schedule and in accordance with the quarry plan.
- Interpretation of geological and ceramic data.
- Clay extraction to the highest safety and environmental standards.
- Planning and construction stockpiles to extracting ceramic specification and challenging volume of requirements.
- Managing third party contractors, company operatives and road hauliers to ensure supply to internal and external customers.
- Budget management and manage costs of the quarry operations.
- Oversee major extraction contract covering Red Barns.
- Liaison with internal and external customers in relation to clay quality and production issues.
- Problem solving support to customers in relation to raw material related production problems.
- Management of the quarries quality assurance and environmental systems.
- The collection, assimilation and analysis of extraction and ceramic data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objectives.
- Project management of defined capex projects.
- Assessment of alternative clay or raw material sources.
- Active participation in quarry health safety and environmental audits.
- Managing any training requirements of quarry team.
- Active participation to quarry plant and water discharge best practice.
- Enrolment in IOM quarry CPD program.
The successful applicant must have one of the following qualifications:
- A recognized geological qualification
- A recognized quarry management qualification
- A recognized ceramic qualification
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrable quarry supervisory experience.
- The ability to understand, accept and achieve targets and deadlines.
- A high degree of computer literacy and numeric skills and a competent user of all Microsoft applications.
- Leadership and people management skills and the ability to motivate.
- Demonstrable ability to implement structured problem solving techniques and provide solutions.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- A high degree of self-motivation.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- NEBOSH certificated
Please note: it is our policy to verify all relevant qualifications. You will be required to provide substantive proof of your qualifications, so that we can verify them with the awarding body.
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.
Send your applications to: [email protected]