Quarry Manager - New Zealand
Winstone Aggregates is a leader in aggregate products and services in New Zealand………
YES! New Zealand – beaches, good coffee, great outdoor lifestyle, awesome for families……
Winstone Aggregates operate 11 extractive quarries and 2 joint-venture quarries with our partners in addition to our cleanfill, labs, and transport functions.
Quarry Manager is a sought after role and doesn’t come along very often. If you have been thinking of your career progression and have been waiting for the right opportunity, then this is it.
As well as the lifestyle and weather, we offer a great work challenge, progression and support (relocation package) to make a Kiwi life a dream come true.
At Winstone Aggregates, we are building the foundations of New Zealand where communities thrive. Our vision is to become the leading aggregates solutions provider, harnessing our quarries, labs and transport capability to delight our customers. We have strong growth aspirations with a successful 150+ year track record.
Our Flat Top Quarry is basaltic andesite rock and is a significant supplier of roading aggregate across the Auckland market.
Reporting to the Central Regional Quarries Manager you will drive the commercial, people and operational leadership of your site, balancing both short- and long-term priorities across all remits pertaining to Flat Top Quarry. Supported by specialists across environmental, engineering, safety and people, this role plays a critical role in shaping and influencing how Flat Top Quarry impacts our communities, customers and stakeholders.
You’ll be a hands-on leader, able to build credible relationships with key stakeholders, and have strong influencing skills.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and relevant work history.
- Expertise in quarrying operations with a keen eye on continuous improvement is a must.
- An understanding and experience with quality control techniques would be advantageous as we operate under strict Quality Assurance plans.
- This position requires you to be a robust decision-maker, ensuring a high standard of work is achieved through your team.
- A relevant international qualification equal to an NZ A or B Grade Quarry Manager Certificate is our only real requirement.
Be Bold and help lead our business into the future by taking the next step in your career...
Closing date: 31st January 2023
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.