Quarry Manager - Anglesey
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
As a result of strategic growth plans The Hogan Group have a permanent full time vacancy for a Quarry Manager based on Anglesey.
The role requires a motivated and proactive individual with good organisational and communication skills who can multitask in a fast paced and busy team-based environment.
Previous experience in the operations of quarries is essential. Good organisation, communication and proactivity are also essential. Qualifications should include NVQ 4 or higher in Health, Safety & Environmental Management. IOSH or NEBOSH (although training will be given) and Engineering knowledge / qualifications desirable.
You will be directly responsible to the Production Director and will assist him in ensuring the operations operate at maximum efficiency while complying with the legislations and Health & Safety obligations of the quarries.
Key skills and qualities:
- Great organisational, delegation and good time management skills in fluid environment.
- Motivation of a teamGreat communications skills
- Maintenance of established processes and systems
- Good customer Service skills
- Good computer and keyboard skills
- An ability to work under pressure
- Quick to learn
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure that the legislative and Health & Safety obligations of the quarries are observed at all times
- Ensure that the quarries are adequately resourced at all times
- Manage employees and sub-contractors in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure that all plant and equipment are maintained to provide maximum efficiency within the production process
- Maintain product stocks at the optimum levels
- Advice on potential improvements within the operations of the sites
- Comply with the company’s Integrated Management Systems
n.b. responsibilities will be outlined further in the Job Description
The Hogan Group is a local family run business with a group of independent companies based in North Wales, supplying a wide range of services and products to the construction, and building sectors.
Our Vision is:
Continually raising standards, to improve our customer’s profitability by solving problems and not creating them.
Efficiently, sustainably produce and supply high quality construction products, so that we satisfy customers, support the community and progress as a business.
To achieve this, we:
- Understand and deliver our customers’ needs.
- Establish long term relationships with our customers based on excellent customer service.
- Develop a team of people committed to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Believe that each of us can make a difference.
Our Values are:
- Commitment to continuous Improvement
Our People are:
Talented individuals, committed to our vision, mission, core values and in meeting our goals.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your details including a covering letter and CV.
The Hogan Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications.
Please apply by e-mail enclosing your CV to [email protected]
Alternatively, you can send your application by post to:
The Hogan Group
Office 252, M-Sparc, Menai Science Park, Gaerwen, Anglesey. LL60 6AG
Closing date: Friday 17th December 2021
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Attractive Competitive Salary Range subject to qualifications and experience.
Please ring Katherine on 07971-127946 for more details
40 hours per week
Quarry operating times: Monday to Friday 6.30am to 18.30 and Saturday 6.30am to 14.30.