Quarry & Landfill Manager
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Due to an impending retirement, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quarry & Landfill Manager to lead our operational site at Crosland Hill Huddersfield.
Johnsons Wellfield operate an established Dimension Stone Quarry at Crosland Hill in Huddersfield which is part of the progressive family-owned Myers Group.
Renowned and favoured for the supply of premium block stone for finished masonry and natural stone paving products supplied across the UK. With an excellent local presence in the aggregates sector and an inert landfill, we are looking for a self-motivated individual with the ability to plan and organise the operational team.
Comfortable with making decisions and managing multi-site activity, you will be customer focused and have a personable approach that fits with our working culture.
The successful Quarry Landfill Manager will receive a competitive annual salary plus fantastic benefits including;
- Excellent Holiday Allowance (including your Birthday Off) which increases with length of service.
- Staff Discounts to all our Builders Merchants
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pension Scheme
- Free physio treatment as/when required
- Free onsite parking
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership, management and development of direct reports
- Excellent awareness and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Compliance with all relevant quarry regulations 1999 and be recognised holder of 8.1c
- SHE QCF Level 6
- Excellent understanding of plant and machinery
- Management of production targets and cost control
- WAMITAB (MROC7) qualified for inert landfill, full training provided if required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established forward thinking family business with a competitive renumeration package available.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]