Project Support & After Sales (Asphalt) Manager
KVM are a leading supplier of construction manufacturing equipment for the construction industry.
An opportunity to join our UK team as Project Support & After Sales (Asphalt) Manager has arisen (based out of our offices in Derbyshire – with hybrid and the potential of part-time working available) with a view to replacing the existing manager upon retirement.
The role involves supporting the activities of visiting KVM engineers from our head office in Denmark by liaising with customers to prepare for maintenance activities to take place and to ensure the correct safe systems of work and risk assessments are in place for any such projects.
On larger projects (such as the installation of new asphalt or concrete plants) you will act as liaison on behalf of KVM Denmark, where the project manager will be based, with customer and contractors to support the installation with appropriate advise on local legislation and ensuring correct risk assessments and safe systems are in place and are followed.
You will also be responsible for promoting and processing the supply of spare parts and servicing to KVM asphalt customers based in the UK and Ireland. Also:
- To liaise with and visit customers and internal suppliers to deliver the agreed company health, safety and environmental objectives for maintenance activities for both asphalt and concrete sectors.
- Have the level of knowledge to liaise with customers, senior management, and external governing bodies where required.
- Visit existing and new asphalt customers across the UK and develop working relationships and identify and understand opportunities.
- Ensure the allocated business unit performs within any third-party accreditations.
- Deliver asphalt spares parts budget.
- Promote proactive service arrangements with KVM asphalt customers.
- Deliver the KVM values of Reliable, Flexible and Available.
- Identify and understand the key contacts within the current customers of KVM UK.
- Support other KVM activities.
Package will include:
- Competitive salary based upon experience (pro rata for part time/flexi-time)
- Annual bonus
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible working practices (home working/part time)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days Holiday + Bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Cash for car/company vehicle
- Mobile phone – laptop.
The successful candidate will have experience of working directly within the asphalt production industry within the UK and will have supported the delivery of effective safe working practices holding such qualifications as Nebosh General Certificate or equivalent.
- Will have great interpersonal skills and be able to build strong commercial relationships with customers.
- Be able to travel for work within the UK and Ireland to visit customers (approx. 30 days overnight travel per year)
- There is also the potential to visit head office in Denmark.
For more information and to apply contact: [email protected]