Production Manager - Portsmouth
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
- Company Car plus Benefits
Brett is the UK’s largest independently owned building materials Group with over 60 sites across the South, South East, East and Midlands and employing over 700 people.
As a part of the Brett Group, Brett Aggregates supplies sand and gravel, crushed rock and coated products from both land-based and marine sources. With extensive reserves throughout the South and South East, our capability is reinforced by strategic wharves and rail hubs, ensuring consistent supply to major contracts as well as local customers alike.
With a reputation for excellence, we offer superb development opportunities to people keen to be a part of our continued growth. As an independent business we can offer real job satisfaction in an environment which encourages you to contribute, supports you in getting the job done and enables you to become part of a team that delivers building materials for big ideas.
This is an exciting opportunity for a keen and motivated individual to excel. The Production Manager will manage a new marine sand and gravel operation at our Portsmouth site. Reporting to the Area Production Manager, the successful candidate will lead a small team in developing this new site, which is due to commence operations in the new year.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of static and mobile plant
- Operate as 8.1d appointed person in line with Quarry Regulations
- Manage the team on a day-to-day basis with general work requirements
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and agree preventative maintenance plans
- Plan incoming ships and production in line with customer requirements
- Continually lead and develop teams to deliver a high standard of quality and service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work within agreed budget targets
- Work closely with other stakeholders to identify and implement continual business improvement opportunities
- Good Leadership skills and able to develop teams to meet best practice and drive continual improvement
- To hold an NVQ L3, or equivalent QCF, or working towards
- Proven track record working within the aggregate industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good level of attention to detail
To apply, please email a CV with covering details to: [email protected]
The closing date: 19th December 2022
Brett Group operates an Equal Opportunities Policy