National Industrial Minerals Manager
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Long Rake Spar have the following national role with substantial travel across the UK including North and South Ireland.
- Salary – Negotiable
- Pension – Nest
- Bonus – TBC
- Closing Date – 17th December
- Interviews – w/c 4th Jan
Purpose of Position
- Reporting directly to the Commercial Director the role will be responsible for developing new and existing business within the Industrial Minerals sector. This will be secured by working with a variety of customers in the sector and liaising with occasional main Contractors and sub-contractors on a national basis. The products within scope are both standard and secondary processed minerals either direct to site or production facility.
- Work closely with the wider LRS team to maximising growth & margin potential through product specific sales; relationship building and the keeping thereof.
- Work with the Technical & Operations Teams to review the product offer to support the growth ambition.
- Develop and implement a targeted plan designed to deliver the key objectives; Business generation of c£2m YE 2022; relationship building with specific focus on relationships with a group of most influential customers; development of product range; development of marketing support and longer term, development of an ‘Industrial Team’ to continue business growth. Possible interaction with specifier route to market in longer term.
- To build strong relationships with key contacts within the wider business i.e. Directors and Senior Managers and Technical assistance.
- The overall evaluation of success within this role will be a measurement of the sales volume for Industrial defined product, number of new accounts; profit margin achievement as defined via the LRS budgeting process and where appropriate specifications.
- Follow safe working practice in accordance with the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act and with the Company’s Safety Policy
- Achieve set volume/price and identified sales targets
- To plan journeys and customer calls to achieve optimum use of time and complete a minimum of 64 calls per month.
- Complete the relevant CRM system reporting after each customer visit
- Actively seek new opportunities for the products to be taken into new markets.
- Understand the technical aspects of selling the product from an end user & application perspective.
- Establish and maintain contact and promote the Company’s products and services to customers
- Maintain close liaison with sales office staff to build internal relationships.
- Keep abreast of developments in commercial, technical and policy matters and be able to react accordingly
- Establish and maintain good customer relations, particularly by prompt and efficient response to queries and complaints.
- Develop business via existing customer and new customer base
- Plan journeys and customer calls to achieve optimum use of time
- Effectively control expenditure on telephone calls, entertaining and incidentals
- Maintain and operate internal recording, reporting and administration systems
- Assist at exhibitions, conferences, presentations and other functions as requires
- Regularly review personal progress and keep abreast of technical and sales techniques
- Monitor the efficiency of present procedures and systems and where necessary suggest new improvements
- From time to time to undertake duties not specifically mentioned above.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of IT skills
- Highly motivated with strong team ethics
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Strong presentation skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of LRS policies and procedures
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
- Understanding of Building Industry practices
- Sales experience within any industry
- Good knowledge of Sales area
- Achieve individual Revenue, Volume and Profit expectations
- Achieve ASP Targets set for tendering purposes.
- Assist in ensuring company Sales Team targets are met.
- Professional Competence
- Able to present at peer level and above
- Knowledge of building products business
- Cross-functional understanding
- Commitment and engagement
- Show affiliation to the Group
- Stand by the Group’s decisions
- Perform high level of work ethic
- Utilise own abilities for the best of the company
- Internal and external customer and market management
- Have quantitative and qualitative market understanding
- Foresee and act to meet customer needs
- Drive customer/supplier relations
- Demonstrate service orientation
- Performance and result management
- Increase efficiency and quality
- Demonstrate cost discipline
- Drive profit generation
- Optimise allocation of resources
- Execute tasks and focus on fast implementation
- Decisiveness and adaptability
- Be straight forward and goal orientated
- Demonstrate drive and initiative
- Demonstrate openness to change, flexibility and adaptability
- Learn and develop continuously
- Communication and cooperation
- Provide information and ensure open communication
- Demonstrate and apply persuasion and negotiation skills
- Establish trust and relationships
- Promote cooperation and partnership
- Demonstrate intercultural awareness and competence
- Entrepreneurial management
- Drive integrated management
- Consider external influencing factors
- Consider long-term risks and opportunities
- Drive innovation
- Manage change
- Sustainable management
- Ensure occupational health and safety
- Drive environmental protection
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Comply with laws and regulations
- Take social responsibility
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV to: [email protected] by Friday 17th December.