Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager
Smiths Bletchington is a dynamic independent family-owned company and leading supplier of primary and recycled aggregates to the construction and allied industries in Oxfordshire and the surrounding counties. In business for over a century, Smiths have an enviable reputation as quality operators winning numerous domestic and international health, safety, and environmental awards.
Due to retirement, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and experienced Heavy Plant Maintenance Manager within Smiths. Reporting directly to the Quarries Operations Manager, this is a permanent, full-time position and will be based at the Company’s head office at Enslow in Oxfordshire. This is a pivotal role in ensuring departmental support to the operational sites to achieve continually improving fixed and mobile plant availability and minimal downtime.
Key experience and skillsets:
- Experience in maintenance of static and mobile aggregate processing plant and heavy earth moving equipment;
- Proven track record in designing, implementing and maintaining a preventative and predictive maintenance program;
- Preferably time served with ONC, HNC, HND or similar qualification in the industry;
- Engineering experience in fabrication and welding;
- Track record of reducing unplanned plant downtime and maximising availability in a production focused environment;
- Management experience demonstrating efficient use and prioritisation of personnel and resources of a maintenance team;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Strong IT skills with experience of maintenance systems as well as computer software such as word, excel, outlook etc.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of 5 Heavy Plant Fitters across 6 sites within the Oxfordshire area including Risk Assessment and Safety Toolbox preparation and presentation;
- Well versed with hazard identification, developing risk assessments and delivering safety tool-box talks;
- Leading by example – Visible Felt Leadership;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement in HS&E performance;
- Assisting the Management Team with scoping the specification (in line with minimum Industry standards), negotiation and procurement of heavy earth moving and processing equipment from the UK’s leading suppliers;
- Coordinating with the Senior Management Team, Health and Safety Manager and The Environmental Manager that all current and new equipment complies with and is maintained to (as a minimum) current HS&E industry standards;
- Track record in assessing and implementing new technology and innovations in order to deliver continual improvements in equipment and plant performance across the business;
- Ownership and management of the maintenance budget;
- Undertake annual review of all plant and equipment in line with the company’s strategic rolling program of upgrading and renewal;
- Actively involved in accident/incident investigation, promoting near-miss reporting, recording and analysing accident/incident statistics and delivering swift and effective improvement actions;
To apply for this role, please submit CV and covering letter to our Personnel Manager, Paul Hillier: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 31 March 2022.