Environmental Compliance Manager
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Reporting to Day Group's Head of Health, Safety & Environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of, and compliance with, both statutory and Company environmental standards.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental compliance monitoring and auditing of operations across the Group.
- Assisting in hosting audits of our sites by regulators and customers.
- Advising on satisfying requirements of the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2016 and associated regulatory guidance.
- Managing new Permit applications, Variations and packaging waste processing and export accreditation applications.
- Developing management systems and other requirements to support Permits.
- Ensuring all abstraction and discharge licences are compliant.
- Maintaining the management systems and assisting in the continual improvement of Company sites and activities.
- Collating of, and reporting, waste returns to the Environment Agency.
- Environmental incident investigation and reporting.
- Liaising with departmental and senior managers and, where required, external consultants, on all environmental matters.
- Offering instruction and training on environmental compliance.
- Maintaining the Company’s statutory environmental registers.
- Participating and representing the company in industry groups.
- Leading the drive for continual environmental improvement.
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise appropriately
- Previous experience in a permitting role or similar, preferably in a mineral/waste environment
- A co-operative and flexible attitude within a team environment
- Proactive work ethic
- Full driving licence.
Desirable but not essential
- Environmental / Engineering / Science Degree.
- IEMA / NEBOSH / WAMITAB certificate or similar membership.
- Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems, ISO 14001:2015.
- Existing relationships with the Environment Agency permitting teams.
40 hours/week, Monday to Friday. However, flexibility will be required.
Closing date: 30 June 2021
To apply please submit CVs to: [email protected]