Engineering Project Manager
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
A global building solutions company, CEMEX is a leading supplier of cement, ready-mix concrete and aggregates. Dedicated to building a better future, we believe in balancing financial achievement with a firm commitment to sustainable development.
Due to significant investment in our UK business, we are currently looking for an Engineering Project Manager to join the UK Engineering Team, to assist in the planning, coordination and execution of engineering projects.
The role will involve:
- Ensuring that all project work and support is compliant and carried out according to Health & Safety legislation and standards.
- Planning, coordinating, and delivering engineering projects, including new site installations, to agreed timescales, managing available funding.
- Managing the engineering project cycle through initial discussions with planning and permitting teams, suppliers, supervising site installation, commissioning, and handover.
- Use of project management tracking tool in order to effectively monitor, manage and report project timelines and budgets and maximise available funding.
- Developing capital project briefs and designs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- HNC/HND/Degree Engineering Qualification but suitable proven experience would be deemed comparable
- Previous knowledge/experience within the quarrying industry or similar related heavy industry (e.g. Water, Mining, Bulk Handling, Processing etc).
- NEBOSH Certification or similar in Health and Safety.
- Previous knowledge/experience of managing project particularly within CDM and Quarry regulations frameworks.
- Previous experience developing project plans and budgets.
- Ability to manage in a multidisciplined environment; mechanical/civil/electrical.
- Competence reviewing CAD drawings and use of Microsoft suite of office software.
- Valid driving licence
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a successful company with a number of exciting engineering projects in the pipeline. We offer a competitive remuneration package with fantastic opportunities for development and career progression.
The job is a national role with a strong preference for a candidate based in the southern half of the UK to balance team geography, exact location is flexible in terms of where the applicant lives, the majority of projects are likely be along the Thames, around the M25 and across Cemex’s sites on the South Coast. Travelling and some staying away from home for periods of time will be required as project progress demands.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to: [email protected]