Drillers - Northern Ireland
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Orica BQS operate a fleet of Epiroc self-contained drill rigs in Northern Ireland to provide drilling services to supplement our supply and use of commercial explosives in quarries, mines and civil engineering projects.
We currently have vacancies for drillers to work in customer sites throughout the Province.
- Drill blast holes according to Drilling Plan
- Complete Driller’s Log and record hole angle, depth, azimuth and any geological anomalies
- Arrange rig movements with haulier
- Carry out approved routine maintenance on plant and equipment
- Complete JSERA and Take 5’s relating to drilling activities
- Provide feedback to Orica line manager of any customer issues or opportunities for Orica BQS
- Liaise with Orica BQS Shotfirer on site conditions, weather and suitability of haul roads for movement of Drill Rig.
Safety, Health & Environment & Security
- Operate within the Orica SHE standards
- Perform daily and weekly pre-start and shut-down checks and record
- No safety, health and environmental incidents
- No product transport incidents
- No spillages of fuel or oils
- Ensure all waste material is removed from site
- No personal accidents to self, customers or general public
- No preventable security incursions or thefts
- Tool box talk attendance
- Defensive Driving and Safety Training courses as required.
- Ensure drilling is delivered on time to specification and to customer satisfaction
- Maximise use of drilling consumables
- Feedback any plant/machinery issues to prevent breakdowns
- Uphold company image by wearing supplied PPE, maintain appearance of Drilling equipment and Orica-supplied vehicle.
Innovative Customer Solutions
- On-site interaction with customers to establish any issues and give feedback to Orica to offer a customer solution.
- UK and Republic of Ireland
- On quarries, open-cast sites, road schemes and wind-farm locations.
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and airflow systems
- Team player
- Confidence in speaking with customers
- How to deal with on-site problems
- How to deal with waste products.
Education and Experience
- Excellent mechanical and or electrical abilities
- Minimum Grade C GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- NVQ in Drilling Operations
- Experience in Drill Rig maintenance requirements
- Quarry Safety Passport
- Full UK driving licence.
- Safety is our priority. Always - The most important thing is that we all return home, safely, every day
- We respect and value all - Our care for each other, our customers, communities and the environment builds trusted relationships
- Together we succeed - Collaboration makes us better, individually and collectively
- We act with integrity - We are open and honest, and we do what is right
- We are committed to excellence - We take accountability for our business and for delivering outstanding results.
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
To apply in confidence, please contact: Robert Waddell, Orica BQS, 7 Hulls Lane, Lisburn. Co Antrim. N. Ireland or [email protected]
Closing Date 31st July 2021