Internationally successful: The Wienerberger Group
Come and join us as a Concrete Technologist at our Kingsbury site in Tamworth. Regular travel will be required to our Sandtoft, Goxhill (Yorkshire and the Humber) and Sittingbourne (Kent) plants.
Wienerberger is a leading international provider of building materials and infrastructure solutions. We improve the quality of life and shape the future of construction.
With our 19,000 employees at 216 locations in 28 countries, we improve the lives of people all over the world. Our products and system solutions enable energy-efficient, healthy, climate-friendly and affordable living.
Wienerberger are committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We encourage applications from all regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and faith. We pride ourselves on our friendly and inclusive culture, and continually strive to maintain this.
About the Role
- Working closely with the Procurement Team and the Group Raw Materials Manager to support the group materials strategy, ensuring continued economic supply of quality materials to our production processes
- Manage development and troubleshooting projects
- Foster and maintain relationships with supplier and academic R&D laboratories
- Assist with Risk Assessment and the provision of effective Safe Working Systems
- Ensure that every concrete product within the Group has an optimised mix design, taking into account availability of aggregates, their price and other factors
- Manage technical projects from concept to completion in allotted timescales
- Keep abreast of global development in concrete technology, test methods and relevant standards, ensuring that wider operations are fully briefed
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge in areas of Concrete and Materials Technology, including cement chemistry, chemical admixtures, aggregate developments, with particular emphasis on recycled aggregate
- Help to develop key individuals to maintain the business performance
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm
- Degree in Materials, Chemical or Civil Engineering, Chemistry, Geology, or a closely allied discipline
- ICT Certificate/ Diploma in Concrete Technology & Construction
- University Certificate in Concrete Technology
- Broad technical understanding and strong experience of concrete products
- Technical expert in the quality, specification, and production of concrete
- Familiarity with concrete production processes and best practice
- Knowledge of admixture types, and their chemistry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen and willing to learn and develop
About our Benefits
- Professional growth, training and opportunities to hone your skills and knowledge
- Annual bonus scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Company Pension
- SIP – ability to become a shareholder via our Share Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits offering (including health, wellbeing and money saving opportunities)
To apply, please click here.