Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Application deadline: 31/07/2022
Morris & Perry Ltd is a long established, family-owned company producing aggregates, ready mixed concrete and asphalt materials for the local construction industry. Annual sales revenue is around £25 million with 50 full time employees and around 50 full time equivalents.
We have a reputation for taking a long term and personal approach to business.
We are looking to appoint a commercial manager based at Gurney Slade quarry starting in the near future. This is a senior management position reporting directly to the managing director. The successful candidate will be managing the full commercial operations of Morris and Perry Ltd. This includes the sales, office administration and transport functions.
The commercial manager will work in tandem with the quarry manager to manage the day-to-day functions and the longer-term strategies of the company. The role involves managing the team and being a major contributor to the long-term development of the company.
Previous experience within the industry in a senior commercial role will be an advantage.
- Full responsibility for all internal/external sales and transport functions. This includes pricing, sales delivery, all internal sales/transport administration, customer relations and debtor control.
- Managing and developing our existing experienced, competent sales, transport and office teams.
- Liaising with the quarry manager to ensure the safe, smooth day to day operations of the company.
- Full involvement in the future development of the company
- Proven commercial ability, commercial awareness and managing a team.
- Good people skills. This is a hands-on appointment in terms of managing teams but also involves working collaboratively with all levels within the business to add value and solve problems.
- Good analytical skills as profit maximisation is expected using commercial awareness and data analysis.
- Experience of capable risk management.
Morris & Perry is embedded in the local market and prides itself on promoting a personal hands-on approach to commercial management. A good remuneration package will be tailored to suit the right candidate.
Email: [email protected]