Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Tillicoultry Quarries are a successful and growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render, cement and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We currently operate at over 32 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
Due to our continued success and exceptional growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join us and work in collaboration with our teams based across our sites in Scotland, East Anglia and Teesside. This position will be based at our Northfield Site in Falkirk.
We are looking for an experienced commercial professional who is dynamic, a team player and who will play a pivotal role in leading and developing our sales teams, identifying opportunities to grow our services and developing and maintaining relationships as the company grows. Our commercial manager must be people focused and be committed to understanding and demonstrating our company culture and values.
- Responsible for the leadership and development of our sales teams; provide support, coaching and mentoring to motivate and expand the capabilities of our team.
- Responsible for internal sales activities, monitoring, analysis and co-ordination of business development activities.
- Identifying potential new areas of business opportunities.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers.
- Define and negotiate contract terms and rates, author/procure contracts, and establish new business streams, managing risk and opportunity.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues, liaising between customer, internal departments and external agencies.
- Negotiate contract renewals and manage the tendering process.
- Management of support staff within the commercial department.
Who we are looking for:
- Excellent people management skills with a proven track record in motivating, managing and developing teams.
- A positive work attitude and team building approach.
- Strong commercial experience and a proven track record of maximising sales.
- Excellent communication skills and ability articulate yourself in a professional manner.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience managing commercial risk.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels within our business to add value through collaborative decision making and problem solving.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil a key role within a fast growing and successful business. We offer a competitive remuneration package and fantastic opportunities for development and career progression.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to: [email protected]