Assistant Manager - Thames Wharves
- Cliffe, Northfleet and Silvertown
- Competitive Salary
Brett is the UK’s largest independently owned building materials Group with over 60 sites across the South, South East, East and Midlands and employing over 700 people.
As a part of the Brett Group, Brett Aggregates supplies sand and gravel, crushed rock and coated products from both land-based and marine sources. With extensive reserves throughout the South and South East, our capability is reinforced by strategic wharves and rail hubs, ensuring consistent supply to major contracts as well as local customers alike.
With a reputation for excellence, we offer superb development opportunities to people keen to be a part of our continued growth. As an independent business we can offer real job satisfaction in an environment which encourages you to contribute, supports you in getting the job done and enables you to become part of a team that delivers building materials for big ideas.
This is a senior position within Brett Aggregates based at our Cliffe Site. The site is one of the largest S&G processing facilities in the UK operating on a 24 hour basis utilising marine dredged ballast inputs and with road, rail and barge outputs primarily supplying the London market. The site also takes receipt of inert waste arisings from the HS2 project [for a 3.5 year period].
- Assisting the Area Production Manager – with responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the Thames Wharves sites managing teams of over 30 employees and contractors
- Operate as 8.1d appointed person in line with Quarry Regulations
- Continually lead and develop teams to deliver a high standard of quality and service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Responsible for budget implementation and ensure budget costs are managed in line with expectations
- Work closely with other stakeholders to identify and implement continual business improvement opportunities
- Good Leadership skills and able to develop and motivate teams to meet best practice and drive continual improvement
- To hold NVQ L4, or equivalent QCF, or working towards
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High level attention to detail
To apply, please email a CV with covering details to: [email protected]
The closing date: 21st April 2023
Brett Group operates an Equal Opportunities Policy