Aggregate Technical Manager
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
- Location: Mobile, but focused around the current O.C.O locations in Leeds, Avonmouth and Thetford. New sites are in development so the coverage will extend in future.
- Remuneration: Competitive salary
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, the jobholder will have responsibility for monitoring and auditing the quality of the products created by the aggregate manufacturing plants. The Aggregates Technical Manager will provide customer facing technical support and advice, working with the aggregates sales team and liaising with the laboratory, technical and HSEQ teams to resolve queries and / or provide advice on the suitability of the O.C.O aggregates in specific end uses. This will require an in-depth knowledge of industry standards and norms, such as highways specification, BS, EN, MOT and other applicable standards. This customer liaison will help identify opportunities and inform decisions on the development of new products and the placement of products into suitable markets.
The individual will work closely with the aggregate sales team to help place material into suitable applications in the construction market. The role will also involve working alongside the existing technical team to help maintain and evaluate aggregate quality and contribute to product or process development projects.
The successful applicant will ensure customers are provided with the latest product information on a regular basis and will provide technical support when required in sales meetings with potential and existing customers.
O.C.O is a world leader in the manufacture of carbon negative aggregates. This brings challenges but also exciting opportunities. We are presently a small but high profile, high growth company. It is envisaged the role will also grow and is likely to involve training and supervision of others as the team develops.
- Attending existing and new customer meetings in support of the aggregate sales team
- Assisting in the development and testing of new products and processes
- Monitoring and auditing product quality, checking compliance with company standards and reporting as necessary
- Assessing compliance of products to existing and developing standards or specifications
- Liaising between the aggregate sales team, operational site managers and the R&D team
- Data entry, collation and presentation of results
- Root cause analysis of non-conformance of materials at customer sites / investigating and addressing customer complaints
- Performing site specific assessments for the deployment of our aggregates, including where necessary environmental impact assessment (Consim) modelling
- Support O.C.O within industry association (MPA, CBA, BAA) committee meetings, including participation in relevant technical committees
- Production of technical reports and KPI data in conjunction with the aggregates sales team and the HSEQ Manager
- Providing product knowledge training and support for the aggregate sales team
- Carrying out routine internal audits as directed by the HSEQ Manager and the audit schedule
- Carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the HSEQ Manager or Technical Director
Essential Skills / Experience
- Relevant experience is necessary, although training will be provided on our products and processes. An enthusiastic hands-on approach and willingness to learn and develop new skills is essential.
- Knowledge of construction materials and aggregates, including regulatory and other standards and specifications such as highway specifications, British Standards etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to motivate self to meet targets and deliver results
- Be able to operate in line with safety, health, environment and quality procedures and legislation, our brand values and other business processes and procedures
- Experience using Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to communicate at all levels in business, build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and customers
- Practical skills and hands-on approach
- Able to be innovative and work under their own initiative and with others
- Ability to manage your own diary
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience of a managerial or senior supervisory role within cement, ReadyMix, precast, brick or closely related industries
- The use of Consim modelling or other stochastic software packages
- Knowledge of waste materials and management
- Knowledge of aggregate and waste testing
- Degree level preferred but not essential, or some element of technical concrete qualification
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance ISO 9001
To apply, send CV & covering letter to: [email protected]
For more information, visit www.oco.co.uk/careers
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 22 2021