MPQC launches free CPD App
New app allows users to maintain their Continuing Professional Development records on the go
THE Mineral Products Qualifications Council (MPQC) has today launched a ‘one stop’ service for member employees to maintain records of their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) whilst on the go.
Key features of the CPD App include:
- Users can access a list of courses and CPD events and then book via the app or easily phone the relevant organization
- Users attending an MPQC/MP Awards/MP Skills training or CPD event will be presented with a unique code at the end of the session that will automatically populate the majority of the CPD fields within the app, saving the user valuable admin time
- Photographs can easily be added to a CPD record; noting key slides, events or even backing up a certificate
- CPD events can be added manually and records saved to update at a later date or submitted on the spot
- The app will automatically email the user a copy of submitted CPD forms as a PDF
- The CPD record covers CPD requirements from a number of professional bodies, including IOSH.
MPQC are also working with a number of industry organizations who run training and CPD events so that users of the app can automatically populate their CPD records when they attend events run by those organizations.
Anthony Elgey (pictured), MPQC’s Standard Setting Organisation general manager, who helped to develop the app, said: ‘I am very proud of the app and hope it will be of real benefit to those in the industry who, like me, have to maintain accurate records of their CPD. I am already using it and am finding it so much simpler than storing lots of paper in a folder.’
Currently, the app is free to all MPQC members and their employees. To download the app, visit the Apple/Android App Store and search for ‘MPQC CPD’. Contact your employer or the MPQC for an access code.