Metso Outotec structure announced
Future board of directors sets out planned business structure and executive team appointments
THE future Metso Outotec board of directors has announced the planned company structure and related executive team appointments that will become effective following the closing of the partial demerger of Metso and the combination of Metso’s Minerals business and Outotec.
Completion of this process is currently expected to take place on 30 June 2020, subject to receipt of necessary regulatory and other approvals, including competition clearances.
Combined, the future Metso Outotec organization is designed to leverage the strengths and expertise of both companies to create a forerunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the minerals processing, aggregates, metals refining and recycling industries globally.
Metso Outotec will consist of the following six business areas:
- Aggregates: providing crushing and screening equipment for the production of aggregates.
- Minerals: providing equipment and full plant solutions for minerals processing, covering comminution, separation and pumps.
- Metals: providing processing solutions and equipment for metals refining and chemical processing.
- Recycling: providing equipment and services for metal and waste recycling.
- Services: providing spare parts, refurbishments and professional services for mining, metals and aggregates customers.
- Consumables: providing a comprehensive offering of wear parts for mining, metals and aggregates processes.
The following appointments for the future Metso Outotec executive team have been made:
- Markku Simula (pictured), president of Aggregates. He currently serves as president of Aggregates Equipment at Metso.
- Stephan Kirsch, President of Minerals. He currently serves as president of Mining Equipment at Metso.
- Jari Ålgars, president of Metals. He currently serves as chief financial officer at Outotec.
- Uffe Hansen, president of Recycling. He currently serves as president of Recycling at Metso.
- Markku Teräsvasara, president of Services and deputy chief executive officer. He currently serves as president and chief executive officer of Outotec.
- Sami Takaluoma, president of Consumables. He currently serves as president of Minerals Consumables at Metso.
In addition to the business area presidents, the following function heads and executive team members have been appointed:
- Eeva Sipilä, chief financial officer and deputy chief executive officer. Her appointment was announced on July 4, 2019. She currently serves as the chief financial officer and deputy chief executive officer at Metso.
- Nina Kiviranta, general counsel. She currently serves as general counsel at Outotec.
- Piia Karhu, senior vice-president of business development. She currently serves as senior vice-president of customer experience at Finnair and will join the company on 1 July 2020.
- Hannele Järvistö, senior vice-president of human resources (interim). She currently serves as senior vice-president of human resources (interim) at Metso. This appointment is valid until the appointment of a new position-holder in this role.
All the above-mentioned persons will report to Metso Outotec’s future president and chief executive officer, Pekka Vauramo.
He said: ‘I am happy to announce the future structure and executive team for Metso Outotec and I’m confident that, led by this team, we will create a strong culture and deliver the benefits of the combination to our customers, shareholders and employees.
‘Our extensive combined offering for minerals processing, from equipment to a broad range of services, will help our customers improve their profitability and lower their operating costs and risks, and at the same time reduce the consumption of energy and water. Together, we will partner for positive change.’