LafargeHolcim merger update
Future Executive Committee finalized and binding agreement entered into with CRH on sale of assets
LAFARGE and Holcim have completed the appointments for the future Executive Committee of LafargeHolcim following a recommendation by Eric Olsen, future chief executive officer of the combined Group.
The future Executive Committee, under Mr Olsen’s leadership, will comprise:
- Finance: Thomas Aebischer, currently in charge of finance at Holcim
- Integration, organization & human resources: Jean-Jacques Gauthier, currently in charge of finance at Lafarge
- Europe: Roland Köhler (pictured), currently in charge of Europe at Holcim
- Asia Pacific: Ian Thackwray, currently in charge of East Asia Pacific and trading at Holcim
- Middle-East Africa: Saâd Sebbar, currently in charge of Morocco at Lafarge
- North America: Alain Bourguignon, previously in charge of North America and the UK at Holcim
- Latin America: Pascal Casanova, currently in charge of France at Lafarge
- Performance & cost: Urs Bleisch, currently in charge of corporate functions at Holcim
- Growth & innovation: Gérard Kuperfarb, currently in charge of innovation at Lafarge.
Meanwhile, Lafarge and Holcim have now entered a binding agreement with CRH regarding the sale of several assets. As announced in February 2015, the assets include operations mainly in Europe, Canada, Brazil and the Philippines with an enterprise value of €6.5 billion (CHF6.8 billion).
These divestments remain subject to the completion of the merger, including the acceptance of Holcim’s public exchange offer by the shareholders of Lafarge. The merger is expected to close in July 2015.
CRH say acquisition of the divestments is expected to complete in the second half of 2015, following the reorganization of local assets.