Joint Health & Safety Leadership Conference
MPA and British Precast to host inaugural joint conference 11:05am on Wednesday 11 November 2020
THE MPA & British Precast Health & Safety Leadership Conference will take place online this year. Hosted by BBC Radio Presenter Sybil Ruscoe, the approximately hour-long show will combine leading speakers, panels and dynamic video to launch the MPA’s new ‘Vision Zero’ and associated values and targets, plus focus on the strategy, leadership and behavioural change required to deliver them, managing in a COVID-19 environment.
The conference will also celebrate and acknowledge the good practice and innovation showcased and shared over the many years of the MPA Health & Safety Awards.
Attendance is free of charge. Register your interest at [email protected] and the MPA will forward the log-on details required to join the event on 11 November.
Introduction – Sybil Ruscoe, BBC Radio Presenter
Welcome – Nigel Jackson, chief executive, MPA
Focus on ‘Vision Zero’
- Launch of MPA’s new ‘Vision Zero’ – Simon Willis, chief executive officer, Hanson UK, and Chairman of MPA
- What ‘Vision Zero’ means and why it is so important to the industry – Industry leaders: Martin Riley, senior vice-president, Tarmac, and President of IQ; Jaqueline O’Donovan, managing director, O’Donovan Waste Disposal, and 2019 Sir Frank Davies winner; Alan Smith, chief operating officer, Robert Brett and Sons, and Chairman of British Precast; Colin Mew, HM Principle Inspector, HSE; Lawrence Waterman OBE, Chairman of Joint Industry Health & Safety Forum; and Chris Hudson, managing director asphalt, Aggregate Industries, and Chairman of MPA H&S Committee.
- What ‘Vision Zero’ means – from the ‘rock face’
- ‘Vision Zero’ Unpacked – Chris Leese, past Chairman MPA Health and Safety, and special advisor to MPA
- Vox pops on Leadership
- Leadership Panel – John Anderson, national logistics director, Tarmac; Simon Bourne, group operations director, Marshalls; Darren Broadhead, managing director, Broadhead Global; and Jaqueline O’Donovan, managing director, O’Donovan Waste Disposal.
Sharing good practice and innovation – a celebration
Close – Nigel Jackson
Nigel Jackson, chief executive of the MPA, said: ‘This is a seminal moment as we will launch MPA’s Vision Zero and associated values and targets to help drive down incidents even further and eliminate fatalities. The new vision is effectively the sectoral action plan for the next five years, building on the progress of the last 10 years coupled with a blend of frustration and increased determination to do better.’