Hills Quarry Products Ltd have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Manager to join their team.
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary, between £45,000.00 – £60,000.00 per annum dependent on experience, alongside a range of benefits including:
- Company car
- Discretionary Company Bonus scheme
- Company paid health care maintenance cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Options to trade annual leave
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing annually to 28 with service
Reporting to the Divisional Director – Commercial & Business Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for all technical aspects across seven concrete plants, seven quarries and one railhead.
They will be an innovative and methodical thinker, be able to interpret specifications and provide assistance to sales staff/customers for selection of concrete. Ensure we provide a range of high quality assured products to our customers, whilst maximising commercial opportunities and driving product optimisation with mix designs.
Desired skills and experience
- Concrete Production related qualification, University Certificate or Diploma in Concrete Studies, City and Guilds Concrete Technology and Construction (similar).
- Experience of concrete batching operations/mix designs/product specifications
- Previous experience in a concrete related role (including testing/product development)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Specification reading, interpretation and assistance to sales
- Highly skilled in IT systems and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Previous customer facing experience preferred
Across Wiltshire and surrounding counties, The Hills Group of companies manages and recycles waste, produces essential construction materials through quarrying and ready mixed concrete, and builds award-winning homes in sought after locations.
Established in 1900 and family owned, The Hills Group has evolved over the past four generations into a multi-million-pound business, harnessing the latest technologies, pioneering major infrastructure projects, and employing over 600 people.
Whether extracting minerals, managing and recycling waste or building new homes, the same qualities of energy, enterprise, affability and confidence with which Hills was founded, still characterise the Hills business today.
If you are interested, please apply via our careers page - Technical Manager - The Hills Group