Shotfirer - Whatley
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
To carry out profiling, blast design and Shotfiring duties as allocated in a safe, effective manner in accordance with relevant legislation ensuring company procedures and standards are always adhered to.
EPC-UK Shotfirers are part of the Services team and work with the Area Supervisors and Managers to ensure blasting operations are delivered as per forward plans to the customers satisfaction, whilst practicing and promoting the highest standards in blasting operations and working to improve the efficiency of the company assets.
EPC-UK Shotfirers support the preparation of, and ensure blasting service is delivered in accordance to, detailed pre-prepared blast specifications that are accurately and consistently adjusted to reflect ‘as delivered’ blasting conditions, taking due regard of all safety considerations.
- To be responsible for areas of shot firing operations where appointed under the Quarries Regulations 1999, ensuring that company standards in health safety and legislation are always maintained.
- To produce high quality blast specifications in conjunction with the Explosive Supervisor, in accordance with industry, company and customer guidance ensuring meticulous attention to detail.
- To ensure that shot loading is conducted in accordance with Shotfiring rules and Blasting Specification and any deviations are reviewed, recorded, and discuss as appropriate with the Explosive Supervisor as defined in the relevant regulations and as per site appointments taking due regard of safety considerations.
- To carry out profiling, drilling, and blasting duties as required in a safe and efficient manner taking due regard of all safety considerations.
- Conduct, take part in and actively contribute to On Bench Briefings
- To ensure that the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures are effectively implemented, with due regard to the Company’s guidance manual(s) and safety targets.
- Undertake, or assist in, as appropriate, the production of risk assessments and method statements. Maintain a continuous record of Safety 5 risk assessments.
- To report all near misses and accidents in line with the company procedures.
- To be the first point of contact for the customers on the designated sites, ensuring all problems and enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively, and with due regard to safety issues, liaising with the appropriate levels of supervision and management as required.
- To liaise with the Area Supervisor regarding effective forward planning and preparing areas of work, access to blast sites for personnel, Multiblend trucks and drilling rigs.
- To maintain all equipment issued from the company in an acceptable standard, particularly vehicles, ensuring all weekly and daily check sheets are completed and forwarded as required and calibrations are undertaken in accordance with appropriate standards.
- To assist in ensuring that all drillers maintain their areas of work having respect for the environment.
- Attend company took box talks as and when required.
- To attend company meetings as and when required.
- Register for and maintain formal CPD records.
- To train and mentor new staff as and where required.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Area Supervisor, Area Operation Manager, or member of the management team
- Full UK driving licence
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade C of higher (or equivalent)
- Higher Education - desirable
- Experience working in a construction or heavy industry environment desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- VQ in Shotfiring,
- VQ in Blast Design
- VQ in Profiling
- Blast Design Software
- Explosive Product Awareness and Bespoke Training (i.e. electronic detonators)
- Trained Drone Pilot (Desirable)
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating salary expectation to: Mrs. Julie Wootton, Head of Human Resources, EPC United Kingdom Plc, 1 Venture Crescent, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 7RA or via email – [email protected]