- Scotland, Flexible
- Full time, Permanent
- Competitive Salary + benefits
- Closing date: 3 June 2022
Breedon is a leading constructions materials group in Great Britain and Ireland, with around 1 billion tonnes of mineral Reserves and Resources. Breedon has a strong growth strategy having significantly expanded in 2020/21 with the acquisition of the Cemex assets, delivering an additional 170 million tonnes.
We are seeking a Senior Geologist to join our Regional Land and Mineral Resources Team to focus on our minerals portfolio, based in Scotland.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a Chartered Geology professional with experience in the extractive industry who is keen to grow and progress their career.
Reporting to the Regional Land & Mineral Resources Manager the key responsibilities of the role will be:-
- In conjunction with operational colleagues, preparation of detailed quarry development plans and provision of geotechnical advice in accordance with Breedon Group Standards that drive safe and efficient mineral extraction.
- Timely mineral assessments and maintenance of the Reserve & Resource schedule in accordance with the Breedon Group Reporting Protocol relating to the Region’s portfolio
- Supporting the Company’s organic mineral replenishment strategy from identification of new Resources and Prospects through to design, costing and management of site investigation projects and resource assessments.
- Procure external Geological/Geotechnical support where necessary to ensure that priorities and deadlines are met.
- To adhere to and positively promote Breedon’s safety culture.
- The effective management of consultants and contractors engaged by Breedon to produce surveys, studies and reports necessary for the assessment of mineral resources.
The successful candidate will be:
- Self-motivated, pro-active and driven to develop professionally
- Commercially focused
- Able to influence and communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- A Chartered Geologist.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of LSS DTM software.
In return we can offer a flexible base location to suit your needs, with a company vehicle provided as you will be expected to travel to sites within the remit of your role.
Additionally, we offer a competitive remuneration package, company pension, life assurance and the option to join our Company ShareSave scheme.
At Breedon, we are committed to making a material difference to our colleagues, customers and communities. We take a value-led approach in all our activities and respect the contribution of our colleagues in making this happen. In respect of this we’re working continuously to construct an inclusive working environment, promoting an environment where colleagues can be themselves, feel valued, respected and able to give their best.
To apply, please visit: https://breedongroup.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/2091