Senior Engineering Geologist
- 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive plus benefits
- Closing date: 18/03/2021
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Engineering Geologist to join a progressive and forward thinking integrated Geology, Geotechnical and Land-surveying department. You will be expected to provide a wide range of geological and geotechnical support to the business including, quarry planning and design (in accordance with The Quarries Regulations 1999), Mineral Reserves and Resource assessments (in accordance with PERC code standards) and mineral exploration. You will be a confident Senior Geologist, happy to work on your own initiative and able to provide practical responses to project demands.
Please note this is a national role requiring travel throughout the UK and occasional visits to our Bardon Hill head office.
About the role
Within this role you will assist the team in the overall management of the mineral reserves and resources of the company and will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of competency in core skills.
Other elements to the role include:
- Planning of site investigations.
- Compiling of comprehensive desk studies.
- A leading role in the geotechnical design of excavations and tips.
- Organise, arrange and supervise a range of projects nationally and internationally, this may involve extended stays away from your home location.
- Instructing and working with appropriate specialist consultants.
- Providing geotechnical training to site operatives.
What will you bring?
- You will have a minimum of five years’ relevant experience in industry and have attained or be close to attaining chartership with an appropriate professional body
- With a first degree in Geology, Engineering Geology or a relevant earth science, you should have attained or be working towards a higher-level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of Digital terrain modelling software, ideally LSS
- You will be a proficient CAD user
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislation including The Quarry Regulations 1999
- A full UK driving licence
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
To apply for this role please click here
Closing date: 18 March 2021