Quarry Operations Manager - Somerset
- 48 hours per week
- Salary - competitive plus benefits
- Closing date - 27/03/2020
Aggregate Industries have a unique opportunity for an ambitious Quarry Manager at our hard rock quarry in Callow. Callow is a limestone quarry that has undergone significant change and disruption over the last year. You will provide leadership and support to the team and bring the site back to being a main contributor of the Southwest. If you are looking for some critical development experience and a challenging opportunity to showcase your capability now and be part of a large organisation that can offer future career opportunities, this is an excellent opportunity to springboard your career.
About the role
Leading a team of 20-25, you will be responsible for managing production and extraction activities, recruiting and training staff, troubleshooting any technical problems and overseeing the maintenance of equipment and vehicles. You will be required to conduct risk assessments and health and safety inspections. You will also have a variety of administrative duties, from writing reports and updating records to procurement and budget control, IMS, manage Health and Safety, and control site coordination
Other elements to the role include:
- Installing a safety-first culture throughout the team, stakeholders and any visitors.
- Leading the Quarry Development Plan with consideration for geological conditions and commercial requirements (including full and stand alone financial lead for the site)
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders including senior management and local officials
- Manage and nurture the well being of the team, motivating to greater levels of efficiency and performance
What will you bring?
- Demonstrable experience of a similar or equivalent role
- Understanding of Quarry Regulations, Statutory Health & Safety and Employment legislation.
- Detailed knowledge of shot-firing and blasting procedures.
- SHE NVQ Level 4 or Equivalent.
- Knowledge of geological factors in quarry design and development.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and a proactive approach
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relations with others
- Detail and results orientated with strong personal values to succeed
- Highly organised with demonstrable planning and delivery capabilities
- Understanding of budgets and financial responsibility
- Be able to plan and prioritise effectively
- Experience of working as part of a highly functioning team
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
- Relocation or live away from home support will be considered.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
To apply for this role please click here.