Quarry Manager - Derbyshire
Breedon are seeking a Senior level Quarry Manager to lead our Dowlow & Ashwood Dale Quarries. Based in the heart of the Peak District, Dowlow is a large road & rail linked limestone quarry producing over 2 million tonnes a year, as well as housing an on-site asphalt plant producing 100kt per year. Nearby Ashwood Dale is a limestone quarry producing over 300kt of aggregates and agricultural lime.
We are looking for a people focused manager, committed to achieving success for our customers and colleagues. The successful applicant will be focused on excellent safety standards, whilst ensuring all materials are produced and delivered to customer expectations. They will lead the team in day to day operations to achieve quality production targets, improve value and strive for continuous improvement. The role also assures environmental standards and the engagement of local community and stakeholders in its Quarry Development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership, management & development of Dowlow and Ashwood Dale sites.
- Compliance with all relevant HSE legislation, including the Quarries Regulations 1999, ISO 45001 (Health and Safety), 14001 (Environment) and 9001 (Quality) standards and associated Management Reviews.
- Ensuring safety is integral to site activity and all colleagues and contractors are focussed on zero harm.
- Ensuring the quarry operates within the scope of leases, planning consents and conditions.
- Management & development of Breedon colleagues and contractors to ensure competency requirements.
- Development and management of site production targets and cost control.
- Production of quality material to support customer demand.
- Assisting in preparation and management of capital expenditure to supports our customer and business initiatives.
- Ensuring positive and proactive community relations are developed.
It is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate proof of competence for a Regulation 8 appointment under the Quarries and have completed, or be working towards, a SHE NVQ Level 4 or QCF Level 6 qualification.
Breedon is committed to making a material difference for its customers and colleagues. We take a value led approach in all our activities and respect the contribution of our colleagues in making this happen. In respect of this we’re working continuously to construct an inclusive working environment, promoting an environment where colleagues can be themselves, feel valued, respected and able to give their best.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an integral role within a growing, dynamic organisation. A competitive remuneration package will be offered including company vehicle, company pension scheme and life assurance.
Closing date: 24th May 2021
To apply, please visit: breedongroup.livevacancies.co.uk
Breedon Group plc is an equality opportunity employer