Processing Vacancies x 3 - Devon
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets. Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company. We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture.
We currently have a three vacancies within our processing department, based at our Kingsteignton site, reporting to the Processing Supervisor:
- 2 x Processing Operators;
- 1 x Processing Team Leader (Polys Bagging Plant).
The role will provide value to the Sibelco business through the role holders ability to work as a ‘robust’ team member (i.e. with challenges of the environment, variety of work and personally to include an excellent attendance history).
The roles key accountabilities will primarily involve:
- Be a competent Class 1 & 2 lorry driver;
- Be competent in the operation of Wheeled Loaders;
- Be competent to operate a forklift truck;
- Demonstrate the willingness and aptitude to operate large processing equipment;
- Ensure all Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards are adhered to;
- Ensure all processing activities and production demands are satisfied;
- Have the ability to organise day to day activities in a structured and efficient manner;
- Be responsible for rigorously applying Sibelco UK’s H&S Policy ensuring systems, standards and written systems are applied at all times maintaining a strong health and safety culture.
Essentially for this role the candidate will have:
- A relevant, competency-based qualification (normally NVQ) is also desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety;
- Experience of Lorries, Mobile Plant & Forklift Truck;
- A driver qualification card (will need to have completed all 35 hours of Driver CPC training).
Applicants must have the genuine desire to progress through learning, training and development and prove formal competencies via the NVQ route, where such qualifications do not already exist. A full, valid and preferably clean driving licence is also required.
Working arrangements operate on an ‘annualised hours’ basis and therefore applicants must be accommodating and flexible, to meet such demands, within a small team on a rotating shift basis. It is also important that the successful candidate has the ability to communicate, work part of a team, be fully committed, and well-motivated.
Sibelco offers a compelling culture in which people thrive and perform at their best across diverse nations and roles, where employees are challenged to explore possibilities and are recognised for their contribution to the company’s successes.
Please submit your CV to Niamh Ruddock at [email protected]
Closing Date: Midnight on Friday 4th December 2020.