Experienced Chartered Mineral Surveyor
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Wardell Armstrong (WA) is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. We deliver solutions to challenging problems in Minerals and Mining, Property and Development, and Infrastructure and Utilities sectors.
At the heart of our business is our group of outstanding people. The minerals estates teams is renowned for the calibre of advice and support it provides to a wide range of clients, ranging from the largest landed estates and government bodies through to individual surface and mineral owners. Wardell Armstrong acts as mineral agent to the Crown Estate, the Crown Estate Scotland and the Isle of Man Government.
We are looking for an experienced mineral surveyor to join our established team of surveyors. You will be managing an extensive and varied minerals portfolio for landowners throughout the UK, and provide technical advice and professional services to a range of clients involved in the minerals and waste management sectors. The post offers a challenging and varied workload with travel required throughout the UK. The post also offers you the opportunity to grow your own client base and your personal profile in the minerals sector.
You will report to a director in the Newcastle upon Tyne office but you would not need to be based there. Our other offices could be suitable or indeed home working. We would anticipate appointing at the level of Senior, Principal or Associate Director.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A first degree in Mineral Surveying or similar;
- RICS chartership;
- An excellent working knowledge of mineral development and relevant property issues from a background either in industry or consultancy;
- Strong negotiating skills and effective communication both verbally and written;
- Experience of producing heads of terms for leases, valuation work and planning work;
- Experience of project management and financial budgeting.
In return for commitment, inspiration and contributing to the future of Wardell Armstrong we offer excellent career prospects in a supportive working environment with no restrictions on how far you can progress. You will receive:
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Critical Illness Cover Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Candidates should apply with CV and cover letter to: [email protected]