Area Supervisor - Shropshire
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
The Area Supervisor of EPC-UK Services is responsible for the safe and efficient utilisation of available resources on designated sites through organisation and deployment of machinery and personnel. The Area Supervisor is the first point of contact for customers to ensure satisfactory results in site operations in their area and to improve on current service levels.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To be the first point of contact for the customers on the designated sites and to ensure all problems and enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively involving the appropriate levels of management.
- To be responsible for the control and day to day on site supervision of Shotfirers and support Drilling Supervisor in supervision of onsite Drillers ensuring that company standards in health, safety and legislation are maintained at all times.
- To undertake appraisals and target setting for Shotfiring staff in line with company objectives.
- To liaise with the Senior Supervisor and Drilling Supervisor regarding staffing levels, movement of drilling rigs and planned shots ensuring that customers are satisfied with service and that area cost and efficiency targets are achieved.
- To enhance the profitability and blast performance of the sites by being pro-active in identifying and delivering improvement opportunities e.g. blast pattern enhancement, blast size improvement, environmental surveys etc. whilst liaising with the Management team to ensure benefits are recognised
- To ensure that all shotfirers in area of responsibility carry out their duties to conform to the Mines & Quarries Regulations 1999.
- To assist in drawing up and implementing effective supervisory controls
- To attend company meetings as and when required
- To train mentor and discipline as and where required with staff in designated area.
- To work in other areas of the business and to carry out any other reasonable request as requested by EPC-UK Management.
- To carry out Shotfiring duties as required to provide appropriate cover for holidays, sickness and absence ensuring that the company standards are maintained at all times.
- MP Awards Explosives Supervisor Certificate
- Level 5 VQ Diploma in Shotfiring Supervision
- Must have or be working towards achieving appropriate first line management training certificate
- IOSHH Managing Safely
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Minimum 5 years Explosive, Quarry or Mining industry experience
- Knowledge of commercial explosives and related services
To apply in the strictest confidence, please contact Julie Wootton, Head of Human Resources via email [email protected]