EP08 - Complaint Handling
What is this?
This is a written procedure that outlines how complaints regarding environmental issues relating to the company’s activities are handled. A PDF of the procedure is available to download (see attached), please use it in conjunction with the associated documentation mentioned below.
Note: This procedure should be read in conjunction with the procedure for internal and external communications.
What does the responsible manager have to do?
The responsible manager must ensure that:
- All complaints are taken seriously and dealt with appropriately
- Any immediate actions required are implemented
- All complaints are investigated, to identify the remedial actions required, the root cause, and preventative measures necessary to avoid recurrence
- Further to the investigation, any actions requiring approval are addressed promptly, added to the Site Improvement Plan, and actioned in a timely manner
- A record is made of all complaints, along with any response and/or actions taken
- Periodically, the complaints records are reviewed to identify any trends, and appropriate steps required.
What do employees have to do?
All employees must:
- Report any complaint that is received to the responsible manager immediately
- Report any incident which may cause a nuisance, or give rise to a complaint, to the responsible manager immediately.
- Consultation and Communication
- EP07 – Internal and External Communications
- EF02 – Site Improvement Action Plan
- EF03 – Internal Communication
This workplace procedure forms part of an Environmental Management System (EMS) that enables all personnel working for the company, whether directly or indirectly, to carry out their duties in a manner which will preserve the environment around them and ensure that the policy statement of the company is adhered to. The procedures can be viewed here.